Coral background

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Mega City Project Update

Holy. Cow. 
Sorry for the lack of updates. I haven't been on a computer in four days. Four days. That's how busy I've been. Between going on crazy scavenger hunts, meeting and hanging out with a ton of cool people and playing with the four cutest kids ever, I've been kinda tied up. Here's a run down of what we've done at the City Project thus far:

Tuesday - Move in.

Wednesday - Crazy, crazy day that started out in Duke Gardens, which I love. We had a two-hour quiet time in the gardens, which was super refreshing. We then embarked on the mother of all scavenger hunts. The first clue lead to Duke Chapel. Subsequent clues led us to downtown Durham - 3.5 miles down the road. We were given 10 clues and 10 tasks and got very familiar with the city which we'll be working in and with! ...And my team won, just sayin'. 

Thursday - Logistics galore!! Before Thursday we hadn't been given a schedule, which was kind of annoying seeing that I'm a big schedule person.

Friday - We found out what urban ministries we'll be interning with. I'm with Bless Durham and will be specifically working with an after school/summer program called Butterflies. We'll be doing a lot of organizing and logistical work which I'm rather excited about. 

Saturday - "Rest day." Hah. Today I'm meeting with friends to go information about NYC, helping one of the pastors at the Summit move in, and going to church tonight! And packing. Kinda crazy. 

Sunday - Head to NYC!! We'll be ministering to Muslims in Queens for a week (we fly back to NC next Saturday). Pray for boldness as our group shares and that the Holy Spirit would go before us. 

1 comment: