Coral background

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Kenya: Half Way Through!

I can't believe we've been in Kenya for almost a week now and we have less than one week left! I've had so many "firsts." We were able to visit the largest slum in Kenya, Kibera. We also attended church this morning in an IDP (internally displaced persons) camp called Jikaze today - what a beautiful picture of how heaven will be!! All I'm saying is I need to start taking some dance lessons now in preparation for heaven, because if it's anything like church was today, there will be lots of dancing and praising. Baptists prepare yourself. I've also carried lots of things on my head, in African fashion. I can't wait to upload pictures and go in detail about what we've done. Please continue praying for our team (and the team in Malaysia). Pray that God's name would be lifted high in our last week and that we would have strength and make the most of our short time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment