Coral background

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Festive (& Easy) Christmas Cards

Getting presents on Christmas is awesome. It's such a sweet reminder of the greatest gift we've been given - the Gospel. But let's be real, everyone loves getting a sweet card before opening their Christmas gifts. So, since you're probably hanging out, waiting for time to pass like myself until tomorrow morning, whip up some of these cute cards to go along with your presents!

Here are a few of the ones I made:




Yes, you did just see Hello Kitty cards. Yes, I'm almost 21 years old. Don't judge. I love Hello Kitty, I hate cats. My life is a paradox. 

Here are some card-crafting tips:
Use lots of different papers - both patterned and plain, and layer them. You can add some detail by using fun scrapbook scissors as well (but don't get crazy).
Use pre-made goodies like these if you aren't looking to spend lots of time making cards. I got these super awesome HK 3-D stickers from the dollar section at Target.
Add dimension! Not only did I use layered stickers, I used these nifty pop-up adhesive dots to add interest to the cards.
Use different textures! I added rick-rack and ribbon to most of the cards. It's a super simple detail that really adds a lot. I also used foam stamps with acrylic paint to throw in another texture.

For the cards themselves I used pre-cut cardstock cards with envelopes. It saved me from cutting out cards & assembling envelopes.

Happy crafting & Merry Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment