Coral background

Friday, December 23, 2011

Homemade Lotion

If you're on Pinterest, you've probably seen homemade lotion from Patchwork Times. It's supposed to be pretty awesome so I decided to try it out. 

It only takes 3 ingredients:16 oz. baby lotion (I used 18 because each bottle has 9 oz.), 8 oz. vitamin E cream, 8 oz. Vaseline. Check, check, and check.
I just measured the ingredients out (remember 8 oz. in a cup!) and got to blending.
I blended the ingredients for about 4-5 minutes, long enough for it to resemble icing. Unfortunately I didn't bring my KitchenAid home so I had to use my mother's ghetto mixer :(

I used the bottles everything came in to repackage the lotion. You could totally get crafty and give this away as a gift in cute mason jars with fabric covered lids.

Overall, I liked the lotion. I was afraid it would be too thick and greasy from the Vaseline and vitamin E but it wasn't! And, it smelled like babies. Some might see this as a draw back, I saw it as a plus. If you're not into smelling like an infant, you could try out Johnson & Johnson's other baby lotions - they have vanilla and lavender varieties.

No comments:

Post a Comment