Coral background

Monday, November 19, 2012

Better Grab a Kleenex


Here in Durham we've all been learning a lot about race lately. I'm pretty sure its a topic that I'll never master, but a topic I need to revisit often in order to see and repent of my own sin and run to Jesus.

John Piper wrote a book about race called Bloodlines. I've heard its amazing and its on my reading list, but I have yet to get to it. Here's a documentary/intro into the book that he wrote. This short (18 minutes) documentary shows Piper's own journey through racism, starting with his childhood in the segregated South and ending with the sweet, sweet decision to adopt an African-American daughter.

Race is an issue that we often overlook or don't recognize the full weight of. I know that's definitely true of my own life. May we recognize God as a creator of diversity and treat all peoples as image-bearers of our Father.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I love reading your blog and nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my page for the deets :)

    ReplyDelete