Coral background

Monday, April 11, 2011

101 Things to do in 1001 Days

I was recently procrastinating by checking out some random cooking blogs instead of studying genetics. This is my life. I happened to stumble upon a blog that discussed a "101 things in 1001 days" challenge. I googled it. I read more blog posts about said challenge. I immediately decided to embark on this challenge (mainly because its a huge list of fun things that I get to mark off!). I perpetually make lists (they usually consist of things I've already accomplished, but I add them to the list anyways just so I can mark them off). Type A, I know.

I also managed to wrangle my sweet boyfriend into this and we came up with a combination list. I'm really excited about getting to do these things together (or at least most of them together). It was surprisingly difficult to come up with 101 things to do so we only have 91 things on our list, but I think it will still be challenging to accomplish all of them. 

I categorized the list into sub-sections for the sake of simplicity. Our list consists of the following categories (with a few examples from each category):

101(ish) Things to do in 1001 Days
Start date: April 8, 2011
End date: January 3, 2014
  • Food & cooking
    • #1: Make homemade lasagna
    • #6: Compile family recipes in a binder
    • #10: Bake cupcakes with a filling
  • Spiritual
    • #12: Go through Starting Point at church
    • #13: Find/join a church after graduation
  • Things to do together
    • #19: Get "Ticket to Ride" & play it
    • #25: Go geocaching 
    • #31: Go indoor skydiving
    • #32: Go to the Varsity Theater on Franklin Street
    • #39: Go to Maple View Farm & get ice cream!
  • Dates
    • #42: Have a picnic 
    • #43: Get just dessert at the Melting Pot
    • #45: Go to the Mad Hatter in Durham
  • Personal
    • #55: Graduate! 
    • #59: Get eyes checked (Liz)
    • #72: Be consistent about Meatless Mondays for 1 month (Liz) 
    • #80: Put the majority of CDs onto iPod (Taylor)
  • Service
    • #86: Clean out my closet & give away 101 items (Liz) 
    • #89: Babysit for a couple for free (Liz)
    • #90: Volunteer at a free clinic (Taylor)
    • #91: Put together an Operation  Christmas Child box 
 I'll hopefully update our progress as we complete different things!

*To calculate 1001 days from today, go to this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment