Coral background

Monday, April 25, 2011

#39 - Finished!

This past weekend was a bit odd... in a good way. I stayed in Chapel Hill for Easter instead of going home. Although it was sad to be away from my family, I got to partake in some things that I wouldn't have gotten to if I would have gone home - a Good Friday service, SummitKids, Easter lunch with an awesome family from church, and Maple View! Going to Maple View Farm was on the 101 things to do list and now, with great pleasure, it can be marked off.
Even though it appears to be in the middle of nowhere, Maple View isn't far from Chapel Hill at all. Luckily that means I will be going back ASAP.
Since it was a first time treat, Taylor & I went all out with two scoops of ice cream in a waffle cone.
Excited... and slightly crazed.
I got one scoop of Carolina Crunch (their signature flavor, which is very rich and caramely) and one scoop of double chocolate (basically frozen brownie batter). Needless to say, I couldn't finish the whole thing. 
Taylor got one scoop of cookies & cream and one scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough. The cookies & cream was amazing and the chocolate chip cookie dough was really creamy. Since they make the ice cream with real cream, it has a great consistency and flavor, but its really rich. Two scoops of creamy ice cream and a homemade waffle cone is a lot, as evidenced by the crazy picture.
In addition to ice cream, we bought cream (for coffee) and milk. It is hands down the best milk I've ever had. Same for the cream. You have to pay a deposit for the glass bottle (for the milk) but after your initial deposit, you can bring the glass jug back and get another bottle of milk without having to pay the extra fee.

Maple View has the best homemade ice cream (and dairy products) I've ever had, which is saying something. I'm counting down the days until I can go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment