Coral background

Thursday, June 7, 2012

That's Pinteresting: (Healthy?) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip!


I had seen this gem floating around on Pinterest for quite some time. I admittedly clicked on it multiple times because it looks so delicious and is purportedly healthy, but, after looking at the list of ingredients, immediately decided against a) repinning and b) ever making it. Ever. I mean it has chickpeas. I don't want to eat cookie dough made of chickpeas. Gross.

Enter my cultured friend Ellen. She suggested we make this as part of our summer cooking ventures and I (skeptically) obliged. I mainly wanted to try it so I could confirm my disdain for the repulsive sounding dessert.

...(cough cough)

Okay, people. I liked it. It was delicious. Especially on top of a graham cracker. We also scooped it with apples which were juicy & provided an interesting combo. I made it last night for my summer small group and they too loved it - and lots of people didn't even know it had chickpeas until I told them!

I am no longer a hater of chickpeas. And I will definitely be making this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment