Coral background

Friday, May 11, 2012

Frying-Vat-Free Make Up Options

I am the oiliest person I know. My mom and I can't go anywhere without oil absorbing sheets, for fear of looking like we dipped our faces in a frying vat at McDonald's. Summer is the worst time of year for frying-vat-face, which is why I'm posting some make-up products I've tried and loved (for oily faces + some random year-round products). Some of the products are splurges, but they are well worth what you pay for them and last a long time!

De-greasers:
 I just started using Urban Decay De-Slick (in a tube) after seeing it featured on a food blog, oddly enough. I've found applying it with a sponge wedge applicator yields the best result. It gives me a matte finish, which was previously unheard of and very welcomed!

I just saw these Boscia Lavender Blotting Linens featured on Martha Stewart Weddings. They've received great reviews, and I can't wait to try them. Plus, they have twice as many sheets as the leading oil absorbing wipe for roughly the same price!

Eyeshadow Primer:
I've had Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer for almost two years now and have yet to finish the bottle. Before using this primer, anytime I would wear eyeshadow it would (1) either come off completely or (2) gather into a really attractive, mangled, thick crease. This primer keeps eyeshadow on my oily eyelids all day, which is quite the feat!

Eyeshadow: Too Faced's Neutral Eyeshadow Collection
This was a definite splurge from two Christmases ago. I still haven't put a dent in it! Partially because I don't wear eyeshadow that often, and partially because it's so pigmented that a little goes a long way. (Not having to use a ton of eyeshadow to get the color to show up means less creasing, too!) Too Faced has some great eyeshadow options and their kits often include instructions/ideas for wearing their products. This product will well outlast my low-end drugstore eyeshadow.

Lipstick: Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter
"Cherry Tarte" was my first real lipstick ever. I got it a few months ago and feel super sophisticated wearing it! I was really nervous about buying lipstick and did a lot of research going into it. Nearly everywhere I checked said this lipstick was the best. At first "Cherry Tarte" seemed too bright for me, but I decided to bite the bullet and give it a shot. I was really pleased! It's not quite as bright on and I would definitely recommend this lipstick - no funky taste or weird break-out-inducing products (which for me is huge!). I want to add "Sugar Frosting' and "Pink Parfait" to my collection for more toned-down options.

Mascara: L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara
Y'all. This mascara is the best. I've used it since my high school days of dreaming about being an eyelash model. I've tried tons of other kinds of mascara and always come back to this one. The regular Telescopic kind (not the funky explosion kind) is my fave!

No comments:

Post a Comment