Coral background

Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday Musings: Lots of Red, Lots of Food, & Feeling Like a Creeper




Our essence captured while trying to make sense of a professor's handwriting on Miles' final paper.
I promise this was not staged.

This was the weekend we've all been waiting for - graduation! Miles is now officially a graduate of NC State! Woohoo! (Kinda.) Apparently being a graduate of a major university translates into needing to get a job and not having a stable place to live - but, hey, we're goin' with it. Bring on the job interviews!

I think I'm going to have to go on a 74 day fast after this weekend. Miles' family being in town meant lots of good food (thanks, Tim & Wendy!). My belly greatly appreciated it. My hips not so much.

Being out and about committing gluttony and shopping and whatnot meant I had ample bits of humanity with which to watch and analyze. The hands down best facet of this population was the babies. I befriended a 3-year-old little boy named Brick (can't decide if I love or loathe this name) at a Japanese steakhouse. We "took pictures" with our pagers from the restaurant of one another. It was adorable. Pretty sure his mom thought I was a creeper. I continued my alerting baby behavior by playing peak-a-boo with a little girl in TJ Maxx. Pretty sure her dad thought I was a creeper. I never know how to justify myself in situations like that. I think I need a necklace/forehead tattoo/demarcation that states my non-creepy, whole-hearted love for babies. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment