Coral background

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fancy Schmancy

A few nights ago, I made a super fancy (aka fancy schmancy) version of grilled cheese and homemade chips. It was a winner.

I enlisted the help of my sweet fiance, who apparently is an excellent potato slicer. Who would've thought?! He probably should've kept that talent under wraps because come December when said talent is at my constant disposal, it will most definitely be put to use.
For the grilled cheese, I spread basil pesto on whole wheat bread, topped it with bacon and provolone and let it go to town on a frying pan on low heat.

Meanwhile, I tossed the potatoes in some olive oil, Italian seasoning and sea salt and popped them in the oven. The recipe for the potatoes is here.

This was a super easy dinner that didn't take long at all and definitely felt more substantial than a grilled cheese with some chips. If you already have the bacon cooked, this dinner could be whipped up in less than 30 minutes for sure!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love grilled cheese! My hubby would love this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good! I might have to try this sometime

    ReplyDelete