Coral background

Friday, July 13, 2012

High Five for Friday: Life is Good.

Like always, I'm linking up with Lauren and Kate for this Friday post!

This week has been ridiculously busy but crazy good (and ex.haus.ting.)! Here are my high fives for the week:

1. ServeRDU! 
ServeRDU is a week where the Summit Church loves on the Raleigh-Durham area by doing a variety of things to invest in the community. The ultimate goal is living out the Gospel and networking with people in order to love them well throughout the year. I've painted more in the past two days than I have in my entire life. For realz.
Aaaand I might be famous. Kinda. At least as famous as you can be from The Herald Sun. Hopefully we're making Jesus way more famous as we serve in Durham!


2. Wedding shenanigans.
I'm meeting with a florist today! I've got color swatches, an awesome caterer, and a dress - and most importantly a wonderful groom - all the necessary staples to a wedding. So basically I can get married tomorrow. Or in like 5 months. Whatev.


3. THE BEST FROYO OF ALL TIMEEEEE
Trust me, the all caps are totally necessary. This, my friends, is a Durham delicacy: red velvet cake frozen yogurt with brownie bites from the best froyo place ever (Local Yogurt). This is by far my fave, but they rarely have it. I shamelessly called to check their flavors, heard "wah wah wah wah wah RED VELVET CAKE wah wah wah" and was there pronto. My only regret is that I didn't get more.


4. Summer small group!
This week's SG was great (not at all because I led it but) because of the girls that were there and the insight we shared while studying Philippians 4. I love this phrase: "The Lord is at hand" (Phil. 4:5). It's so often neglected, but so powerful!


5. Vacation!!
This will be my view for the next week as I head with my fam down to Bald Head Island! Can't wait to get some sun, study for the GRE, spend time with my man, and relax!


Happy Friday, y'all!

4 comments:

  1. I just got done painting 2 years worth for my church last week! Ha, it's exhausting!

    Small groups=the best.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with the florist! That was my favorite part of wedding planning - after that appointment was when I really felet like everything was coming together! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love reading blogs who prepares for a wedding. congratulations on your engagement and best wishes. :) you are in such a pretty place with a gorgeous view! enjoy!

    i found you in h54f and followed you via GFC.

    Jen
    whyyyjen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh I LOVE fro yo! craving it now!

    ReplyDelete