Coral background

Friday, March 18, 2011

Quick & Easy Cookie Cheesecake Bars

When I'm at school I don't have a viable kitchen. Or my mixer. Or things like flour or sugar or baking powder. So if my sweet tooth is in overdrive I usually cook at my sweet boyfriend's apartment. One of my favorite recipes to make at school (due to its simplicity and deliciousness) is cookie cheesecake bars. Its basically two layers of cookie dough with a layer of cream cheese filling in the middle. I make my own(ish) cookie dough from a cake mix, but this recipe can be even easier if you buy cookie dough. It really can't get simpler. Or more delicious. 

Here's the recipe:
Cookie dough:
1 box of moist yellow cake mix
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/2 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cheesecake filling:
1 eight ounce package cream cheese
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg

Cookie dough mixture:
Mix 2 eggs, oil and cake mix together. Fold in chocolate chips.
Cheesecake filling:
In a separate bowl, stir 1 egg, sugar and cream cheese together until blended.
Press approximately half of the cookie dough mixture into a 9×9 pan with your fingers. Pour in cheesecake filling.
Sprinkle the rest of the cookie dough over the top of the cheesecake mixture, creating a cobblestone-like pattern.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown, making sure not to over bake them (the middle may seem not quite done).

*These bars are best served at room temperature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment